This article is timeless and should be accurate for any version of the game.
This page is a repository of features included in the game.
About the Game
Cities: Skylines is a modern take on the classic city simulation. The game introduces new game play elements to realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining a real city whilst expanding on some well-established tropes of the city building experience.
From the makers of the Cities in Motion franchise, the game boasts a fully realized transport system. It also includes the ability to mod the game to suit your play style as a fine counter balance to the layered and challenging simulation. You’re only limited by your imagination, so take control and reach for the sky!
- Multi-tiered and challenging simulation: Constructing your city from the ground up is easy to learn, but hard to master. Playing as the mayor of your city you’ll be faced with balancing essential requirements such as education, water electricity, police, fire fighting, healthcare and much more along with your citys real economy system. Citizens within your city react fluidly, with gravitas and with an air of authenticity to a multitude of game play scenarios.
- Extensive local traffic simulation: Colossal Orders extensive experience developing the Cities in Motion series is fully utilized in a fully fleshed out and well-crafted transport systems.
- Districts and Policies: Be more than just an administrator from city hall. Designating parts of your city as a district results in the application of policies which results in you rising to the status of Mayor for your own city.
- Extensive modding support: Build or improve on existing maps and structures. You can then import them into the game, share them as well as download the creations of other city builders on the Steam workshop.
- Road building and zoning
- Unlock buildings and services
- Economy: Fine-tuning the city budget and services and setting tax rates to different residential, commercial and industrial zones and controlling what kind of areas are more likely to spawn in the zoned areas
- Public transportation: Build transport networks throughout the city with buses and metros
- Outside connections: Make industry and commercial districts flourish with new customers in the neighboring cities
- Wonders or Landmarks: the ultimate end-game content that the players strive towards
- Huge maps: Unlock new map tiles with unique possibilities to expand the city
- Water flow simulation: Add new challenges to water services.
- Polished visual style and core gameplay.
- Available Unlimited Money, All Items Unlocked, and Hard game-play modes.
The Pre-order Pack included unique Decorations assets:
Digital Deluxe Edition Features
Included in the Deluxe Edition are 5 In-game historical landmarks from around the world, the game's original soundtrack as well as a digital art book.
Five in-game items include:
- Statue of Liberty
- Eiffel Tower
- Brandenburg Gate
- Arc de Triomphe
- Grand central terminal
Original Soundtrack: This Original Soundtrack includes 14 unique tracks mixed from the ambient music of the game, allowing you to enjoy the wonderful music whenever you want.
Digital Art book: See the concepts behind the buildings! The book features almost a 32 hand drawn concepts of the game various buildings and the story behind each.
Cities: Skylines supports the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Portuguese (Brazil)