This article is timeless and should be accurate for any version of the game.
Industries become a larger and more meaningful part of the game with this expansion! Players can customize their industrial areas with supply chains for the four different resource types and unique factories. Well managed industry areas will level up and become more efficient. Aside from production chains, there is a new city service for handling mail and the cargo airport eases import and export of factory goods. There are FIVE new maps, new policies, new city services, new buildings!
- MAKE IT HAPPEN - Follow your products from harvesting to processing, storage and production, then transport them to commercial zones or export to other cities.
- CAPTAIN YOUR OWN INDUSTRIES - Define an area with the industry area tool and place highly specialized industrial buildings to build and manage the production chain from raw material extraction up to final end product. Industry Areas are divided into four types based on the natural resource they are processing: Farming, Forest, Ore and Oil. These areas can level up upon reaching productions goals and staffing requirements.
- BUILD IT UP, BUTTERCUP - New industrial buildings include Extractors, Warehouse Facilities, Processing and Auxiliary Buildings, Industrial Props and Roads. Unique Factories, such as Food, Toy, Furniture, Car and Electronics produce luxury products, and require a large number of workers, water and electricity as well as input from your industries.
- SHIP IT - Manage traffic and logistics with industrial warehouses and the use of the new Cargo Services including a cargo airport.
- GO POSTAL - Boost your citizens’ well-being with mail delivery and collection services. Post sorting facilities handle mail between outside connections and the post offices, and new Post Van and Truck vehicles enable the carriage.
- WORK HARD - Three new Industry Policies and four City-wide Policies, including Workers’ Union, Sorting, Tolls, Wi-Fi, Logistics, Work Safety and Automation.
- FIVE NEW MAPS - Rich in natural resources, transportation options and industrial opportunities, these new maps have all the right stuff.
- Four new hats for Chirper!
- Seven Steam achievements
- Toll booths and toll roads
- Mark zoned buildings as historical
- Custom name lists for citizens, districts and spawned buildings
- New industry train cars
- New items added to Asset Editor
New Service Buildings
- Main article: Patch 1.11.0
Paid content Industries expansion:
- Industry Area Tool
- Industry Area levels
- Post Office City Service
- Small and Medium Industry roads
- 4 Industry Area types and new buildings for each
- New Industry props added to Asset Editor
- New vehicles
- Warehouses and storage buildings
- Cargo Airport and Cargo Airport Hub
- 16 Unique Factories
- Auxiliary Buildings for each Industry Area
- New worker models
- New animals models and markers
- 5 New Industries maps:
- Twin Fjords
- Marble Canyon
- Green Peaks
- Pearl Bay
- More Chirps
- 3 New City-wide and 3 New Industry Policies
- 4 New Chirper hats
- 7 New Steam achievements
- Main article: Patch_1.11.X#1.11.1
- Fixed: Cargo planes circle and use buildings that do not otherwise have any plane traffic
- Fixed: Zoned industry buildings are missing notification tooltips when building does not have enough resources
- Fixed: Raw Forest Products is cut off in PL in Industry Area Info Panel, extractors' and processing buildings' info panels
- Fixed: "Flours" should be renamed to "Flour"
- Fixed: What's New Panel Post City Service slide has a text issue
- Fixed: The appearance selection of Industry Buildings with multiple appearances should be remembered when building new buildings
- Fixed: Vehicles can't cross the center line of Small Industry roads
- Fixed: Player does not get income from Exporting Industry Goods through Ship/Train/Plane connections
- Fixed: Unique Factories' glass resource is using 'or' instead of 'and' in the tooltip
- Fixed: Car Factory has no audio
- Fixed: Area level-up panel is not fully localized when Player is using Unlock All Mod
- Fixed: Area level-up panel has incorrect text when Player is using Unlock All Mod
- Fixed: When Player has Unlock All mod enabled there shouldn't be any Level-up panel shown at the start of the game
- Fixed: Unique Factories "Production Rate" slider affects the available trucks for the Unique Factory
- Fixed: Tooltip for UFPANEL_MATERIALCOST and UFPANEL_PRODUCTIONVALUE are mixed between each other
- Fixed: ZH Synthetic Dawn Radio and Industries DLC Tooltips are not fully translated
- Fixed: Tooltip for total upkeep for a Industry Area info panel is not implemented
- Fixed: Offshore Assets achievement description can be misleading
- Fixed: RU "Exporting Unique Factory products" vehicle status overflows
- Fixed: Unique Factory Product in Custom Made Unique Factories are missing it's correct string (fixed only in EN)
- Fixed: Raw Materials Storage outside of an Industry Area does not have expenses from importing Raw Materials
- Main article: Developer diaries
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Industries Dev Diary #1||Introduction to the Industries DLC.||2018-10-11|
|2||Industries Dev Diary #2: Industry Areas||Creating your Industry Area, Types of Industry Areas, Industry Area Info view and Industry Areas Overview, Benefit of having Industry Areas in your city.||2018-10-12|
|3||Industries Dev Diary #3: Supply chain part 1||Extractor Buildings, Raw Material Storage Buildings, Processing Buildings, Unique Factories, Auxiliary Buildings.||2018-10-15|
|4||Industries Dev Diary #4: Supply chain part 2||Industry Area Info Panel, Resource types, Unique Factories.||2018-10-16|
|5||Industries Dev Diary #5: Industry Area levelling||Main Buildings, Industry Area levelling, Leveling Requirements, Leveling with benefits.||2018-10-17|
|6||Industries Dev Diary #6: Maps and policies||Five new maps, 3 new City-wide Policies and 3 new Industry Policies, New models and props.||2018-10-18|
|7||Industries Dev Diary #7: Cargo||Cargo Services, Warehouses, Cargo Airport, Cargo Airport Hub, Post Office City Service, Post Office, Post Sorting Facility.||2018-10-19|
|8||Industries Dev Diary #8: Free Update||Toll Booths, Make Building Historical, Modding: Custom random names, Asset Editor.||2018-10-22|
|9||CO word of the week #4 - 48/2018: After Industries release!||Reddit AMA, release party, bug reports and fixing, feedback, Christmas songs, Chirper hat.||2018-11-26|
|10||Holiday Dev Diary Part 1 - Surprise Patch Included!||Patch 1.11.1-f2, new Christmas songs, Chirper hat, winter maps, "Winter Market" Unique Building.||2018-12-13|
|11||Holiday Dev Diary Part 2 - Show Me the Music!||Making three new Christmas songs to add to 2017's "Carols, Candles and Candy" free DLC.||2018-12-14|
- Forum: Mind your business! We're happy to announce our next major expansion, Cities: Skylines - Industries, TheLetterZ (Community Developer), 2018-10-11
- Forum: Mind your business! Cities: Skylines - Industries is NOW AVAILABLE!, TheLetterZ (Community Developer), 2018-10-23