This article may contain outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version of the game. It was last updated for 1.7.
Cities: Skylines features 29 different info views displaying and highlighting various information about the city. Some info views include multiple tabs for different but related information (such as the different tiers of education in the education info view). While there are no actual categories for the info views they can be roughly divided in three categories by their nature:
- City service related: Displays info mainly about the functions of the different city services and their effects to the zoned buildings of the city. These include things like electricity, garbage collection, education, health, fire safety, police and public transport. Most of these are also used shown automatically when accessing the build menu for city services.
- Citizen related: Displays info relating to the citizens themselves such as happiness, housing levels, population demographics, and so on. These info views let the player see how their actions affect the everyday lives of their citizens.
- City and map related: Displays features and effects that define the city area itself. These are pollution levels, land value, natural resources and districts. Pollution displays both ground and water pollution while sound pollution shows the effect of the road network and various zoned buildings and city service buildings (residential areas generate little to no noise pollution while commercial and especially industrial areas drastically affect the noise pollution levels and make people sick).
- Main article: Power
Shows all the buildings in blue which are connected to the power grid. The light grey-ish/blue-ish area surrounding them is the catchment area of the power grid that the buildings create around themselves.
- Main article: Water and sewage
Displays the water currents, the direction the water flows and also highlights all water networked buildings. It also shows the water pipes that run underground. In this view mode you are able to bulldoze the underground water pipes.
- Main article: Garbage disposal
Displays the amount of garbage piled up in buildings as well as the location of landfill sites and incineration plants. The roads are coloured in green in places where there is garbage truck coverage. The design of the road network including use of one-way or two-way roads affect how far the coverage reaches.
- Main article: Education
When building a new school the info view activates when the school is selected in the build menu. The info view shows the current availability of school services as well as the coverage of existing schools of the type selected. In the info view the roads are green if there is coverage , if the roads are grey there is no coverage available in that area.
Using the info view from the menu will highlight residential structures in grey-ish purple if there are citizens not yet educated to the level selected living there.
Using a color gradient from red to green shows the happiness of citizens.
- Main article: Healthcare
Healthcare tab: Highlights buildings to show the level of health of the residents and shows coverage of ambulance services on the roads.
Death care tab: Displays the information on available cemetery space and crematorium capacity as well as hearse coverage area.
- Main article: Zoning#Building level
Displays the upgrade level of the buildings in different areas of your city.
- Main article: Power#Wind
Shows the areas that are opportune for harvesting the power of the wind as a source for electricity.
- Main article: Traffic
The traffic info view is invaluable when laying out road networks and planning different areas of your city. It shows in red the roads and intersections that are most heavily used by citizens, tourists and cargo transport. Remember- red traffic areas don't always mean it is clogging back.
- Main article: Pollution
Shows both ground pollution and water pollution. Water pollution is affected by the water flow mechanics such as direction and strength of water currents, ground pollution is most heavily affected by industry.
- Main article: Pollution#Noise pollution
Noise pollution is created by traffic, industrial, and commercial zones as well as tourist attractions such as the unique buildings. Smaller roads create less noise pollution and roads with decorative trees create less noise pollution than their tree-less counterparts. This info view shows the most noise polluted areas allowing you to focus on reduction strategies.
- Main article: Fire Department
Lets you see if there are areas not adequately covered by fire fighting infrastructure.
- Main article: Police Department
Shows where criminals are most active. It colors the buildings in red if there is high criminal activity. Police coverage is displayed by the colored roads.
- Main article: Transportation
Highlights all the different transport types as well as displaying utilization rates by citizens (number of passengers per week). Selecting a transport type will also highlight related infrastructure buildings and routes.
There are some Steam Workshop modifications that change the way this info view is displayed.
- Main article: Zoning
The population info view shows how the population of the whole city is divided between the different age groups. It also shows where the different major groups (families, adults and seniors) are located on the map.
The outside connections info view is divided into three categories: Import, Export and Tourism. These highlight the buildings and vehicles that ship goods in and out of the city as well as the commercial and tourist attractions that attract tourists to your city. Pink cars are those being driven by tourists visiting the city.
Businesses that import goods and natural resources as well as the trucks carrying them are highlighted on the map in this info view and colored based on their industry.
- Main article: Land value
Shows how the value of a piece of land is affected by the buildings on and near it.
- Main article: Natural resources
Displays the areas on the map where you can find the various resources to be used in specialized industry. The resources include oil, ore, wood, and fertile land for farming.
- Main article: Districts
Shows all the districts you have created accompanied by the icons for active policies.
- Main article: Leisure
Displays leisure buildings and parks and the area of effect they have on citizen happiness.
- Main article: Terrain
Displays The height of the terrain.
- Main article: Heating
Displays the heating networked buildings. It also shows the water heating pipes that run underground. In this view mode you are able to bulldoze the underground water heating pipes.
- Main article: Road maintenance
Displays road maintenance level, the second tab shows which roads operate at normal levels and which ones are boosted.
- Main article: Snow
Displays snow level, the second tab shows which roads operate at normal levels and which ones are currently blocked by snow.
- Main article: Escape Routes
Displays routes of the Evacuation Buses that deploy from Emergency Shelters.
- Main article: Radio Coverage
Displays areas covered by the emergency broadcasts from the "Radio Masts."
- Main article: Destruction
Displays areas with damage from disasters.
- Main article: Disaster Detection
Displays areas predicted to be affected by disasters.
- Main article: Traffic Routes
Traffic Routes tab: Shows routes taken by Cims.
Junctions tab: Toggle traffic lights and stop signs.
Adjust Roads tab: Adjust start/end of named road segments.
- Main article: Tourism
- Main article: Tours
- Main article: Park Maintenance
- Main article: Industry Areas
- Main article: Post Offices