What is the reach/optimal spacing of bus/metro stops, and optimal route length? Also what distance are people willing to commute? How long are people willing to wait to commute? Is there someway to see average waiting time, like in SimCity?
- I've renamed it to "transportation". It got named "public transportation" based on a dev diary last year, I think. ~ Meneth (talk) 19:46, 15 March 2015 (CET)
More info on benefits
Hi! Where can I read about the advantages and disadvantages of each transportation mode? Like, do cargo ships generate more money than trains. Is there even any need to have cargo trains and so on. Thanks.
Should there be a bugs section that includes stuff like airplanes and ships going through solid ground, or trains getting stuck and not despawning? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (Talk) 16:12, 30 April 2015
Move to Public transportation
I propose that this page be moved to Public transportation, which currently redirects here.
The "Transportation" article should be an overview article on citizens, services, and cargo getting from A to B, whether it is by walking, by road, or by public transport. --LukeSurl (talk) 22:10, 30 April 2015 (CEST)
- It is called transportation in game, not public transportation.
- A separate "logistics" page might make sense, but the transportation name should clearly be reserved for this article as either its name or a redirect to it, or at the very least a disambiguation page.
- With it being its in-game name, this is the page the user is most likely to want when they search for "transportation". ~ Meneth (talk) 22:12, 30 April 2015 (CEST)
Perhaps it is an idea to add the pictures of the things from Mass Transit, like the Blimps, monorail, cable cars, ferries. And maybe ad the mass transit hubs.
Ferry Image Gallery
I was adding images for the Ferry section. Where there are several, I thought that a gallery would give the names for each, which is good. However, it is quite a bit bigger, and not consistent with the rest of the page. Wondering how people feel about it? Maybe remove the gallery and reduce it to one image, perhaps the Ferry Pier? I have added all Ferry buildings to the "Service Buildings" page. - Fox NS CAN (talk) 01:15, 20 May 2017 (CEST)
Number of buses from Bus Depot
Recent edit changed the number of buses that a Bus Depot can spawn from "infinite" to 125,000. Reference link still leads to "infinite". I have no idea of validity. - Fox NS CAN (talk) 04:47, 4 September 2017 (CEST)
- I'd leave it as is then. 125,000 is effectively infinite so we may as well leave this edit. You may want to respond to Meneth on your talk page, this is an invite from the wiki moderating team. Dauth (talk) 10:11, 4 September 2017 (CEST)
- I don't suspect that "infinte" is correct, I am more likely to believe 125k, but I was hoping we could get a source for that. Re: Menenth - He said I could reply by email and I did. Since I have not yet received a reply, I suppose I should reply over there in case the email was not received. - Fox NS CAN (talk) 14:37, 4 September 2017 (CEST)
I find that we could use some more info on the post office section. It's not really that big a part of the game, but the section right now is so small. For example: what are the benefits/drawbacks of using this service? (Happiness?) How much mail is needed to be exported/imported? What milestone does this unlock at? (25 March 2020)