What is the reach/optimal spacing of bus/metro stops, and optimal route length? Also what distance are people willing to commute? How long are people willing to wait to commute? Is there someway to see average waiting time, like in SimCity?
- I've renamed it to "transportation". It got named "public transportation" based on a dev diary last year, I think. ~ Meneth (talk) 19:46, 15 March 2015 (CET)
More info on benefits
Hi! Where can I read about the advantages and disadvantages of each transportation mode? Like, do cargo ships generate more money than trains. Is there even any need to have cargo trains and so on. Thanks.
Should there be a bugs section that includes stuff like airplanes and ships going through solid ground, or trains getting stuck and not despawning? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (Talk) 16:12, 30 April 2015
Move to Public transportation
I propose that this page be moved to Public transportation, which currently redirects here.
The "Transportation" article should be an overview article on citizens, services, and cargo getting from A to B, whether it is by walking, by road, or by public transport. --LukeSurl (talk) 22:10, 30 April 2015 (CEST)
- It is called transportation in game, not public transportation.
- A separate "logistics" page might make sense, but the transportation name should clearly be reserved for this article as either its name or a redirect to it, or at the very least a disambiguation page.
- With it being its in-game name, this is the page the user is most likely to want when they search for "transportation". ~ Meneth (talk) 22:12, 30 April 2015 (CEST)
Perhaps it is an idea to add the pictures of the things from Mass Transit, like the Blimps, monorail, cable cars, ferries. And maybe ad the mass transit hubs.
Ferry Image Gallery
I was adding images for the Ferry section. Where there are several, I thought that a gallery would give the names for each, which is good. However, it is quite a bit bigger, and not consistent with the rest of the page. Wondering how people feel about it? Maybe remove the gallery and reduce it to one image, perhaps the Ferry Pier? I have added all Ferry buildings to the "Service Buildings" page. - Fox NS CAN (talk) 01:15, 20 May 2017 (CEST)
Number of buses from Bus Depot
Recent edit changed the number of buses that a Bus Depot can spawn from "infinite" to 125,000. Reference link still leads to "infinite". I have no idea of validity. - Fox NS CAN (talk) 04:47, 4 September 2017 (CEST)
- I'd leave it as is then. 125,000 is effectively infinite so we may as well leave this edit. You may want to respond to Meneth on your talk page, this is an invite from the wiki moderating team. Dauth (talk) 10:11, 4 September 2017 (CEST)
- I don't suspect that "infinte" is correct, I am more likely to believe 125k, but I was hoping we could get a source for that. Re: Menenth - He said I could reply by email and I did. Since I have not yet received a reply, I suppose I should reply over there in case the email was not received. - Fox NS CAN (talk) 14:37, 4 September 2017 (CEST)
I find that we could use some more info on the post office section. It's not really that big a part of the game, but the section right now is so small. For example: what are the benefits/drawbacks of using this service? (Happiness?) How much mail is needed to be exported/imported? What milestone does this unlock at? (25 March 2020)
- I realized that having a circular cargo rail between your industrial and the commercial area with recycle plants will result in congestion, because the full trains will not despawn at the commercial stations, because it will return with about 7% cargo to the industiral area, but the industrial area will continue to spawn new trains, and therefore its just a matter of time to have the network full with trains. I fixed it with having the commercial area stations with one-way rails, so the trains are not able to return, and will despawn there.
- It seems when building a one-way road, the train station has no problem to spawn enough cargo trucks to support consecutive 100% full trains going in and despawn, but when the cargo trucks return and want to go back into the rail stations they are not able to despawn fast enough. I tried different road setups but was not able to get more than about 45 trucks / minute to despawn. While having this setup as only cargo supply for about 2500 units of commercial shops I got several "not enough goods to sell" messages, but when having oneway-roads between cargo station and commercial to prevent the trucks from returning (and therefor just despawning), these messages disappeared.