Airports is the 10th expansion pack for Cities: Skylines. It was announced on 2021-12-10 and was released on 2022-01-25 alongside the Vehicles of the World and Content Creator Pack Map Pack CCPs, as well as the Calm the Mind Radio and On Air Radio music pack DLCs.
The Airports expansion allows you to build your own airport areas, set up gates and connect them via concourse networks. Design your dream airports, from small airfields to large international hubs.
- Modular Airport Building: Place and design your airport, connecting its various buildings by using concourse networks.
- Airport Progression: If your airport gets the approval of business travelers and tourists alike, you’ll be rewarded with expanded building options and bigger airplanes, creating a boon for the local travel industry.
- Public transport: Make life easier for would-be travelers by placing dedicated airport buildings, allowing you to connect your airport to the city through base game transport types like bus, metro, and train stations.
- Cargo Air Traffic: Tired of hiding your cargo terminals by themselves on the outskirts of your city? Create cargo terminals that are connected to the larger airport complex that fit in visually with other airport buildings, eliminating the need for older eyesores while hauling in new goods and materials.
Airport Area Tool Airport Area levels, 3 Airport styles with new buildings and networks for each, Small Terminal, Small Two-Story Terminal, Large Terminal, Concourse, Concourse Hub, and the Control Tower
3 Aircraft Stands Small Aircraft Stand, Medium Aircraft Stand, and the Large Aircraft Stand
Unique Buildings Aviation Museum and the Airline Headquarters
City Airline Manage ticket prices, Choose from 6 Airline designs, and Customize airline names
New Cargo Airport buildings and networks Cargo Terminal, Cargo Roads, Cargo Train Station, Cargo Aircraft Stand, and New Runways and Taxiways
New Airport Decorations Hangars, Parked Planes, Fuel Stations, Budget Airport Hotel, Luxury Airport Hotel, Airline Lounge, and the Airport Fence
New Airplane Vehicles and Types 2 Large Aircraft, 3 Medium Aircraft, 3 Small Aircraft, and 2 Cargo Aircraft
New Public Transport Buildings Airport Bus Station, Elevated Airport Metro Station, and the Airport Train Station
New Public Transport Vehicles Airport Articulated Bus, Airport Double Decker Bus, Airport Metro Vehicle, and the Airport Train Vehicle
3 New maps Asanu Beach, Hanami Bay, and Noyou Port
3 New Policies Hotel Discounts, Great Maintenance, and Rental Cars
2 New Chirper hats
5 New Steam achievements Airport Architect, Airfield Expertise, Airline Tycoon, Airlifter, and High-cost-carrier
- This is a modified version of the patch notes seen here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/airports-dev-diary-5-free-update-patch-notes.1506966/
Classic Airport style
Modern Airport style
Ultra Modern Airport style
- Main article: Developer diaries
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|0||Airports DLC||Airports DLC announcement. Experience the wonders and logistics of modern-day air travel. Coming 25 January 2022.||2021-12-10|
|1||Modular Airport Buildings||Design your own airport and grow it from a small local transit point to a massive international hub buzzing with life.||2022-01-12|
|2||Airport Progression & Public Transport Links||Start with a basic connection to the outside world with an aim to have your very own airline headquarters.||2022-01-14|
|3||City Airline||Welcome aboard this dev diary headed for the creation of your very own city airline.||2022-01-17|
|4||Cargo Airport & New Maps||"But what about all those packages and cargo deliveries", I hear you ask?||2022-01-20|
|5||Free Update & Patch Notes||Improvements to Plane AI, Replace trees on roads, Buy or sell soil, Service Vehicle Selection, Patch notes for 1.14.0-f4.||2022-01-24|
|6||How to build an airport||We explore step by step how to build an airport using the Cities: Skylines - Airports expansion!||2022-01-25|
See Airport Areas for more information on creating an airport area with this expansion.
- Airports is the first major expansion that does not add any new district policies.
- The old planes are classified as medium planes, so they can use Medium Aircraft Stands. Due to this, the new medium planes in this DLC can use the old airports. Both of these are also true for cargo planes, Cargo Aircraft Stands, and the old cargo airports from the Industries DLC.
- Forum: Cities: Skylines Airports, SimNationJan (Community Ambassador), 2021-12-10.