Expansion features[edit | edit source]
Industries become a larger and more meaningful part of the game with this expansion. Players can customize their industrial areas with supply chains for the four different resource types and unique factories. Well managed industry areas will level up and become more efficient. Aside from production chains, there is a new city service for handling mail and the cargo airport eases import and export of factory goods. There are five new maps, policies, city services, and buildings:
- MAKE IT HAPPEN - Follow your products from harvesting to processing, storage and production, then transport them to commercial zones or export to other cities.
- CAPTAIN YOUR OWN INDUSTRIES - Define an area with the industry area tool and place highly specialized industrial buildings to build and manage the production chain from raw material extraction up to final end product. Industry Areas are divided into four types based on the natural resource they are processing: Farming, Forest, Ore and Oil. These areas can level up upon reaching productions goals and staffing requirements.
- BUILD IT UP, BUTTERCUP - New industrial buildings include Extractors, Warehouse Facilities, Processing and Auxiliary Buildings, Industrial Props and Roads. Unique Factories, such as Food, Toy, Furniture, Car and Electronics produce luxury products, and require a large number of workers, water and electricity as well as input from your industries.
- SHIP IT - Manage traffic and logistics with industrial warehouses and the use of the new Cargo Services including a cargo airport.
- GO POSTAL - Boost your citizens’ well-being with mail delivery and collection services. Post sorting facilities handle mail between outside connections and the post offices, and new Post Van and Truck vehicles enable the carriage.
- WORK HARD - Three new Industry Policies and four City-wide Policies, including Workers’ Union, Sorting, Tolls, Wi-Fi, Logistics, Work Safety and Automation.
- FIVE NEW MAPS - Rich in natural resources, transportation options and industrial opportunities, these new maps have all the right stuff.
- Four new hats for Chirper.
- Seven Steam achievements.
Free features[edit | edit source]
- Toll booths
- Mark zoned buildings as historical
- Custom name lists for citizens, districts and spawned buildings
- New industry train cars
- New items added to Asset Editor
Official screenshots[edit | edit source]
New buildings[edit | edit source]
Service buildings[edit | edit source]
Unique factories[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Unique Factories
Warehouses[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Warehouses
Farming industry[edit | edit source]
Forestry industry[edit | edit source]
Oil industry[edit | edit source]
Ore industry[edit | edit source]
New roads[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Roads
Toll booths[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Roads#Toll Booths
Toll booths are free with Patch 1.11.0 and are available to all.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Cinematic trailers[edit | edit source]
Tutorials[edit | edit source]
Dev diaries[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Developer diaries
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Industries Dev Diary #1||Introduction to the Industries DLC.||2018-10-11|
|2||Industries Dev Diary #2: Industry Areas||Creating your Industry Area, Types of Industry Areas, Industry Area Info view and Industry Areas Overview, Benefit of having Industry Areas in your city.||2018-10-12|
|3||Industries Dev Diary #3: Supply chain part 1||Extractor Buildings, Raw Material Storage Buildings, Processing Buildings, Unique Factories, Auxiliary Buildings.||2018-10-15|
|4||Industries Dev Diary #4: Supply chain part 2||Industry Area Info Panel, Resource types, Unique Factories.||2018-10-16|
|5||Industries Dev Diary #5: Industry Area levelling||Main Buildings, Industry Area levelling, Leveling Requirements, Leveling with benefits.||2018-10-17|
|6||Industries Dev Diary #6: Maps and policies||Five new maps, 3 new City-wide Policies and 3 new Industry Policies, New models and props.||2018-10-18|
|7||Industries Dev Diary #7: Cargo||Cargo Services, Warehouses, Cargo Airport, Cargo Airport Hub, Post Office City Service, Post Office, Post Sorting Facility.||2018-10-19|
|8||Industries Dev Diary #8: Free Update||Toll Booths, Make Building Historical, Modding: Custom random names, Asset Editor.||2018-10-22|
|9||CO word of the week #4 - 48/2018: After Industries release!||Reddit AMA, release party, bug reports and fixing, feedback, Christmas songs, Chirper hat.||2018-11-26|
|10||Holiday Dev Diary Part 1 - Surprise Patch Included!||Patch 1.11.1-f2, new Christmas songs, Chirper hat, winter maps, "Winter Market" Unique Building.||2018-12-13|
|11||Holiday Dev Diary Part 2 - Show Me the Music!||Making three new Christmas songs to add to 2017's "Carols, Candles and Candy" free DLC.||2018-12-14|
See also[edit | edit source]
These pages contain Industries expansion content:
Unofficial guides[edit | edit source]
- Industries DLC Tutorial
- Industries: Balancing the Production Chain (By Avanya) (External Site: Steam)
- Ultimate guide to Industries and Supply Chain (By Admiral Electron) (External Site: Steam)
Other[edit | edit source]
- Industrial specialization refers to base-game industry content that is named similarly to the Industries expansion content.
- Land adjacent to roads can be zoned for base-game industry, which can be generic or specialized.
- The Supply Chain page contains information relevant to both base-game industry content, as well as Industries expansion content.
- The Fishing Industry is not a part of the Industries expansion, and requires the Sunset Harbor expansion to use.
References[edit | edit source]
- Forum: Mind your business! We're happy to announce our next major expansion, Cities: Skylines - Industries, TheLetterZ (Community Developer), 2018-10-11
- Forum: Mind your business! Cities: Skylines - Industries is NOW AVAILABLE!, TheLetterZ (Community Developer), 2018-10-23