Expansion features[edit | edit source]
- Parks and Recreation - Use the new park area tool to create park districts wherever there is empty land, and new city services like Park Maintenance, which boosts happiness and effectiveness and helps level up parks.
- Brick By Brick - Customize your city with new buildings and assets, including a new sightseeing bus line, new service buildings, new Unique Buildings like amusement parks, nature reserves, city parks and zoos, and a regal new monument, the Castle of Lord Chirpwick.
- Freeway Free For All - For the first time in Cities: Skylines, you can place buildings next to paths in the park districts (not just next to roads). Props can be placed anywhere inside park areas.
- Recesses Between Buildings - Transform those empty spaces between your buildings into vibrant parks and gardens.
- It's A Walk In The Park - Customize routes and set ticket prices for new walking and sightseeing tours, among other tourism enhancements.
- Policies, Please - Take on three new city policies and eight new park policies to deal with recreational hazards like Animal Ethics and Fireworks.
- 8 achievements
Free features[edit | edit source]
- Trees will shield noise.
- Terrain props.
- Cinematic Camera.
- Menu Filtering.
- Upgraded Tourism Infoview.
- Visual models for vehicles, pedestrians and animals.
- Modding and Asset creation tools.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Cinematic trailers[edit | edit source]
Tutorials[edit | edit source]
Official screenshots[edit | edit source]
New buildings[edit | edit source]
New services[edit | edit source]
Amusement parks[edit | edit source]
City parks[edit | edit source]
Nature reserves[edit | edit source]
Zoo buildings[edit | edit source]
New unique buildings[edit | edit source]
The City Arch must be placed over a road, and it increases the tourist capacity of roads by 5%.
The Clock Tower increases the speed of trains by 20%.
The Old Market Street increases the tax income of nearby commercial zones by 5%.
The Sea Fortress must be built along the shore, and it increases the passenger ship and airport tourist capacity by 5%.
The Observation Tower increases the effect radius of all Parks and Plazas by 10%.
The Statue of Colossalus increases the stay of the tourists in the city by 20%.
New monument[edit | edit source]
The Castle of Lord Chirpwick provides a global entertainment value of 100 and increases the attractiveness of all the Unique Buildings by 25%.
Dev diaries[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Developer diaries
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Parklife Dev Diary #1: Park Areas||Park Areas, types, leveling, gates, attractiveness, infoview and new panels.||2018-04-26|
|2||Parklife Dev Diary #2: Tours||Walking Tours, Bus Tours, Hot Air Balloon Tours, infoview and new panels.||2018-05-02|
|2A||Parklife Dev Diary #2: Tours||Parklife winter map pictures from CO_EMMI.||2018-05-04|
|3||Parklife Dev Diary #3: New policies and buildings||Policies, Park Maintenance City Service, Unique Buildings, Monument and props.||2018-05-09|
|4||Parklife Dev Diary #4: Maps and tree noise reduction||New maps, terrain props, trees reduce noise pollution, and new animal models.||2018-05-15|
|5||Parklife Dev Diary #5: Modding and menu filtering||Sub-meshes, Scripting API, Asset Data API, Cinematic Camera API, Menu Filtering.||2018-05-17|
|6||Parklife Dev Diary #6: Introduction to Tourism||New Tourism Info View, New tourist and vehicle models, Mascots||2018-05-22|
|7||Word of the week 3||Word of the week 3 - 27/2018 - Parklife patch, Summer Holiday||2018-07-05|
References[edit | edit source]
- Forum: We're thrilled to announce Cities: Skylines - Parklife! - TheLetterZ (Community Developer) (2018-04-18)
- Forum: Cities: Skylines - Parklife is NOW AVAILABLE! - TheLetterZ (Community Developer) (2018-05-24)