- Parks and Recreation - Use the new park area tool to create park districts wherever there is empty land, and new city services like Park Maintenance, which boosts happiness and effectiveness and helps level up parks.
- Brick By Brick - Customize your city with new buildings and assets, including a new sightseeing bus line, new service buildings, new Unique Buildings like amusement parks, nature reserves, city parks and zoos, and a regal new monument, the Castle of Lord Chirpwick.
- Freeway Free For All - For the first time in Cities: Skylines, you can place buildings next to paths in the park districts (not just next to roads). Props can be placed anywhere inside park areas.
- Recesses Between Buildings - Transform those empty spaces between your buildings into vibrant parks and gardens.
- It's A Walk In The Park - Customize routes and set ticket prices for new walking and sightseeing tours, among other tourism enhancements.
- Policies, Please - Take on three new city policies and eight new park policies to deal with recreational hazards like Animal Ethics and Fireworks.
- 8 achievements
- Trees will shield noise.
- Terrain props.
- Cinematic Camera.
- Menu Filtering.
- Upgraded Tourism Infoview.
- Visual models for vehicles, pedestrians and animals.
- Modding and Asset creation tools.
New Service Buildings
Amusement Park buildings
City Park buildings
Nature Reserve buildings
New Unique Buildings
The City Arch must be placed over a road, and it increases the tourist capacity of roads by 5%.
The Clock Tower increases the speed of trains by 20%.
The Old Market Street increases the tax income of nearby commercial zones by 5%.
The Sea Fortress must be built along the shore, and it increases the passenger ship and airport tourist capacity by 5%.
The Observation Tower increases the effect radius of all Parks and Plazas by 10%.
The Statue of Colossalus increases the stay of the tourists in the city by 20%.
The Castle of Lord Chirpwick provides a global entertainment value of 100 and increases the attractiveness of all the Unique Buildings by 25%.
- Main article: Patch 1.10.0
Paid content Parklife expansion:
- Park Area Tool
- Park Area levels
- Tours Info View and Panel
- Walking Tour Tool
- Sightseeing Bus Tour Tool
- Park Maintenance City Service
- New policies (3 city and 8 park policies)
- Amusement park props and buildings
- Nature reserve park props and buildings
- New city park buildings
- New zoo props and buildings
- New monument
- Castle of Lord Chirpwick
- 6 new Unique buildings
- The Statue of Colossalus
- Observation Tower
- Sea Fortress
- Old Market Street
- Clock Tower
- City Arch
- Fireworks effect (for monument and park area tool)
- New chirps
- 8 Steam achievements
- 4 New Chirper hats
- New models for animals in the wild (for asset editor and map editor)
- 5 new ParkLife maps
- Mountain Meadows
- Pine Rivers
- Cavern Coast
- Honu Island
- Main article: Patch 1.10.X
- Forest fire is not affecting Parklife assets till Milestone 5
- Steam tags for Parklife DLC
- Fixed: Honu island and Cavern Coast have long loading times
- Fixed: Animated citizens on Piggy train periodically are missing cloth textures
- Fixed: Park Main Gates that are placed directly to a Built-in road (E.g. Ferry Stop) will not count visitors
- Fixed: Tooltip description of Hot Air Balloons Tours is not localized entirely in RU
- Fixed: Park Areas create 'Coverage' for Park Maintenance Info View
- Fixed: Park Maintenance Building does not generate 'Coverage' for Park Maintenance Info View
- Main article: Patch 1.11.0
- Fixed: Unlock all mod unlocks park main gate
- Fixed: Zoo Streetlight #1 doesn't have Highlight color
- Fixed: Exotic Wildlife Spawn Point is missing Parklife DLC badge in Map Editor
- Main article: Patch_1.11.X#1.11.1
- Balanced Park Areas entertainment value
- Fixed: Park Areas remove the effect of Park Area Building Entertainment value
- Fixed: Park Tile naming is not cohesive
- Fixed: Zoo Paths are missing text in winter themes
- Fixed: Nature Reserve Ground Tiles thumbnail is incorrect in Winter theme maps
- Main article: Patch 1.12.0
- Fixed: Park Areas can level up the area without meeting requirements
- Fixed: Park Area name colors on winter maps
- Fixed: Park Area tools have inconsistent locked thumbnails
- Main article: Developer diaries
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Parklife Dev Diary #1: Park Areas||Park Areas, types, leveling, gates, attractiveness, infoview and new panels.||2018-04-26|
|2||Parklife Dev Diary #2: Tours||Walking Tours, Bus Tours, Hot Air Balloon Tours, infoview and new panels.||2018-05-02|
|2A||Parklife Dev Diary #2: Tours||Parklife winter map pictures from CO_EMMI.||2018-05-04|
|3||Parklife Dev Diary #3: New policies and buildings||Policies, Park Maintenance City Service, Unique Buildings, Monument and props.||2018-05-09|
|4||Parklife Dev Diary #4: Maps and tree noise reduction||New maps, terrain props, trees reduce noise pollution, and new animal models.||2018-05-15|
|5||Parklife Dev Diary #5: Modding and menu filtering||Sub-meshes, Scripting API, Asset Data API, Cinematic Camera API, Menu Filtering.||2018-05-17|
|6||Parklife Dev Diary #6: Introduction to Tourism||New Tourism Info View, New tourist and vehicle models, Mascots||2018-05-22|
|7||Word of the week 3||Word of the week 3 - 27/2018 - Parklife patch, Summer Holiday||2018-07-05|
- Forum: We're thrilled to announce Cities: Skylines - Parklife! - TheLetterZ (Community Developer) (2018-04-18)
- Forum: Cities: Skylines - Parklife is NOW AVAILABLE! - TheLetterZ (Community Developer) (2018-05-24)