Plazas and Promenades
Plazas and Promenades is the 11th expansion pack for Cities: Skylines. It was announced on 2022-08-22 and was released on 2022-09-14 alongside the Seaside Resorts and Mid-Century Modern CCPs, as well as the Shoreline Radio and Paradise Radio music pack DLCs.
Expansion features[edit | edit source]
Take the next step with Plazas and Promenades.
Say Goodbye to noise and air pollution and Hello to pedestrian streets, carfree areas, and modern plazas. It’s time to level up your Cities with this environment-friendly expansion!
Pedestrian Streets: Let your citizens walk freely on pedestrian-only streets! Place them in your city like any other road and create new green city centers free of most vehicles and noise pollution.
Pedestrian Zones and new Policies: Activate three zone-specific policies for your city including:
Slow Driving: all roads in the pedestrian zone, except highways, get a speed limit of 20 miles/hour.
Sugar Ban: increases the average lifespan of citizens in the pedestrian zone but decreases their happiness.
Street Music: increases happiness and noise pollution in pedestrian commercial zones.
Deliver Everything: all buildings within area get cargo and garbage service via service points even if not on pedestrian roads.
District Specialization: We added 3 new district specializations: offices, high-density residential areas, and high-density commercial zones. Setting a specialization on a district affects all zoned squares in that district that will spawn buildings with a different visual appearance and a gameplay effect. Each specialization features 24 new modern wall-to-wall buildings!
City service buildings: Service buildings are important, but how about awesome-looking service buildings? Connect them to pedestrian zones by matching their visual style and provide services that contribute to good happiness values (one of the main metrics of a successful pedestrian zone).
Achievements: Three new achievements.
- Garbage Collection Issues
- The Sweetest City
- Very Focused
Official screenshots[edit | edit source]
New Buildings[edit | edit source]
Service Buildings[edit | edit source]
Unique Buildings[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Cinematic trailers[edit | edit source]
Tutorials[edit | edit source]
Devs play[edit | edit source]
Developer diaries[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Plazas and Promenades expansion pack.
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|0||Plazas and Promenades||Plazas and Promenades announcement. Plazas and Promenades introduces Pedestrian Zones, Specialized Districts and Service Buildings.||2022-08-22|
|1||Plazas and Promenades Dev Diary #1: Pedestrian Areas||Creating Pedestrian Areas, Service points, Pedestrian Streets, Bollards.||2022-08-26|
|2||Plazas and Promenades Dev Diary #2: Management and Progression||Service Points, Pedestrian Area Panel, Progression and Focus, Unique Buildings, Area Policies.||2022-08-29|
|3||Plazas and Promenades Dev Diary #3: New Plazas and Service Buildings||New Plazas, Props, Decals, and Service Buildings.||2022-09-02|
|4||Plazas and Promenades Dev Diary #4: New Specializations and Maps||Three Wall-to-wall specializations for residential, commercial, and office zones. Each features 48 new modern low-rise buildings. Five new maps.||2022-09-07|
|5||Plazas and Promenades Dev Diary #5: Free Content and Patch Notes||Quit After Saving, new roads, one-way metro tracks, patch notes for 1.15.0-f5.||2022-09-13|
|MCM||CCP: Mid-Century Modern by REV0||Mid-Century Modern Content Creator Pack Dev Diary. REV0 describes the process of creating this pack.||2022-09-03|
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
Patch 1.15.0[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Patch 1.15.0
- Pedestrian Area
- Service Points
- Pedestrian Area Service Point
- Large Pedestrian Area Service Point
- Garbage Service Point
- Large Garbage Service Point
- Cargo Service Point
- Large Cargo Service Point
- Pedestrian Streets
- 5 Small Sandstone Pedestrian Streets
- 5 Small Bluestone Pedestrian Streets
- 5 Small Cobblestone Pedestrian Streets
- 5 Large Sandstone Pedestrian Streets
- 5 Large Bluestone Pedestrian Streets
- 5 Large Cobblestone Pedestrian Streets
- Service Points
- 10 Pedestrian Area Plazas
- 4 Policies
- New City Service Buildings
- High-Capacity High School
- High-Capacity Elementary School
- High-Capacity University
- High-Capacity Hospital
- High-Capacity Police Headquarters
- High-Capacity Fire Station
- New Public Transport Stations
- Elevated Train Station
- Elevated Metro Station With Shops
- Parallel Underground Metro Station
- Large Underground Metro Station
- Compact Bus Station
- 6 New Unique Buildings
- Pedestrian Street Market Hall
- Museum of Post-Modern Art
- Sunken Plaza Shopping Mall
- Residential Zone Landmark
- Commercial Zone Landmark
- Office Zone Landmark
- District specializations
- 48 Residential Wall-to-wall Buildings
- 48 Commercial Wall-to-wall Buildings
- 48 Office Wall-to-wall Buildings
- 5 New Maps
- 2 New Chirper hats
- 3 New Steam achievements
- New Chirps
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Forum: Plazas & Promenades!, SimNationJan (Community Ambassador), 2022-08-22.
- Forum: Cities: Skylines - Plazas & Promenades - Available Now!, SimNationJan (Community Ambassador), 2022-09-14.